2011년 10월 23일 일요일

Chain Writing - A Psychology Experiment


     It was a sunny day with dazzling sunlight; so hot that anyone would take their shirts off when nobody's around. I, a painter living at the coastside for some kind of an inspiration that would lead me to draw a "painting of the century", call the host at the hotel to order a breakfast. "Get me a newspaper - California Tribune, if possible - and some toasts with jams and a glass of orange juice." 'What should I do today?' I am currently running out of money because I don't have a fixed job yet. Then, a hotel worker brings me a newspaper and I naturally search through the help-warranted ads. A psychology experiment catches my sight - "$200 per day for 3days", the advertisement says. 'Hmm.... that's a fabulous offer', I think. It is about staying in a large sealed building in which the environment for this experiment is set; "No PHYSICAL HARM ASSURED", it says. 'All right, I'll go for this'. And that is when my life changed unimaginably. (ME)
     It was not very far away from the hotel, and I went there with few cigarettes and cards, just in case I make a frend there. Ad says that they will provide food and water, so I didn't bring any food with me. There were about 40 people waiting, and I said to a staff that I want to join and he tole me to wait with them for few minutes. After that few minutes, someone - I think it's the supervisor- came and gave few words and said to enter. Inside was not a bad environment. (HARAM)
     "You will gonna live this building for 3days". "Can you please sign this paper for this experiment?" 'Sure, no reason to deny this chance'. There were bunch of warnings regarding the experiment. WE DON'T TAKE CHARGE blahblah~ Ok, I admit and gonna take the experiment. (SUJAE)
     The entire building had a bad smell, I think it's the smell of rotting garbage. The supervisor calls out "There are rooms for sleeping and whasing on the top floor. It's first come - first served! Come quick!!" People started to run to find an elevator. However, I went straight to the stairs instead. I have strong legs. I can go faster than the others taking the elevator. When I stepped on the first stair, I was sucked upward by an invisible force and was immediatedly on the top floor. I got the best room, of course. It didn't even smell bad like the 1st floor. (BOOKYUNG)
     What was that? I was curious and somewhat nervous at the same time, because I could not imagine where the force came from. However, as exotic and delicious cuisine was served, I completely forgot about all my worries, I ate, ate, ate, and ate until  my tummy was about to explode. (CHAERIM)
     And, to my surprise, my tummy really did explode. Oh, my God! I naver thought a stomach could burst the food its taken few minutes ago. (HYUNGSEOK)
     And I died.... guessing what the intention of the experiment was. Was it to experiment whether a person's tummy can explode or to experiment how many idiots apply for experiments if posted an advertisment on it? (ME)

댓글 4개:

  1. It's not bad, considering other worse chain writing like mine...


    I liked how it started though:)
    Do you take psychology class? haha

    bye~

    답글삭제
  2. Farewell 규태~ Have a nice time in heaven.
    I thought that the story was pretty boring until 형석 wrote about the stomach exploding. I also think that 규태 did a reasonable job in finishing up. For stories to be fun, I think they need some kind of a "blowing up kind of thing."
    -권석 with 형석's computer

    답글삭제
  3. Gluttony is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Nice of you to demonstrate that.

    답글삭제